Sunday, November 10, 2013
Even with the losses I am still enjoying Borka, but I am *very* tempted to change up and try Calandra Truthsayer. I really want a chance to fuck with my opponent's dice and alter my own. I am also excited to try to get my burrowers on the table. Here's the list I want to run:
Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood (*5pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes (3pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Pyg Burrowers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Trollkin Champions (Leader and 4 Grunts) (10pts)
* Skaldi Bonehammer (3pts)
Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer (2pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)
In other news, I gave painting my test-Impaler another shot Friday night. When the wife saw it she said it was in "rough shape, but don't strip it again, just re-base coat it". I base coated it tonight and shaded the muscles. Not in the mood to highlight tonight, but I think I should be able to get it done tomorrow night.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Coven of Gharlgast
2 other light jacks
Sunday, October 27, 2013
A week ago (or so) I primed a few of my trolls in white and started painting one of my impalers. I had watched a video that made glazing seem like the easy way to go in my paint scheme. I was wrong. I started with a base coat too dark and tried to highlight from there as if I was using a layering technique. Epic fail.
Sunday, October 13, 2013
I've been contemplating changing my priming to white, particular for my warlocks. I went out and picked up a bottle of simple green and put my primed and basecoated models in it and let them soak overnight.
I tentatively pulled them out of the simple green this morning and the paint was just falling off them.
I got the following models stopped and ready for a new white primer.
If they dry and the weather is right I should be able to get them primed today!
I worked on my modeling again this morning. I greenstuffed some gaps in Horthol, Calandra, my Fennblade officer & drummer, Jarl.
I've come to the conclusion that I hate greenstuff and that I'm terrible with it for filling gaps. Ask me to model pustules and boils onto a Nurgle rhino for 40K and I'm all about it, ask me to create weld-lines on a looted Lemann Russ for 40K (again) and I've got you covered. Ask me to cover the gap on a yak's ass on a Long Rider and I'm fucked.