Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Call to Arms League

Gabe (PG) has organized a Call to Arms league @ Sunshine. I'm playing my Trollbloods (well, because, it's the only army I own, but that's just a technicality). Last Thursday it started, I couldn't play due to short notice but I'll be there this Thursday. I let a couple people know I wanted to play them (Guy [Khador], Rick [Protectorate of Menoth], Cesar [Circle of Orboros]) so I'll try to get in a couple games. Thinking of playing the following:

Grim Angus - The Sausage king of Chicago

Troll Impaler - Shish (my other Impaler I think is gonna be named Kebab)

Dire Troll Mauler - Jeff Vader

Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes [Full Unit] - No funny nickname for them...

Trollkin Champions - Nothing to see here, move along...

Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew - Yea ran outta steam...

Fell Caller - Nothing funny here either

Alten Ashley, Monster Hunter - Rambo

Each model has his own objectives to complete:

Grim is a sniper who kills unit leaders, solos, casters; Can also mantrap+tether pesky models.

Impaler is a utility peice, increasing Grim's range of his guns; also pretty reliable slams against beasts/jacks

Dire Troll Mauler - psychological warfare, he's a scary model to face on a table; can increase the damage of the impaler; can throw some models rather well.

Kreilstonebearer & Stone Scribes - Utility with ARM bonus to increase survivability

Swamp Gobbers - Utility unit, keep Grim behind smoke so he can shoot without getting shot (barring the Cheaters of Everblight)

Trollkin Champions - Beatdown with ARM bonus from KSB in melee base to base they're at DEF 14, ARM 19

Fell Caller - Great utility, Gives Grim a better chance to hit, increases Champs chance to hit, lets the champs walk through forest without wasting Fury, Reville to pick up knocked down models.

Alten Ashley - Sniper, kills unit leaders, solos, (maybe) casters; advance deployment.

I think and hope that this will do well on Thursday night.

No comments: