Monday, November 17, 2008

Board Con-Troll

So I've been thinking of Grim and his controlling abilities and the synergy that would go along with that.
I would like to see Grim on the board with a Winter Troll and a unit of Champions. This way he could Cast the animus on one champ, the Troll cast it on another champ, locking down an effective 4" frontage 2" deep of enemy models. I would add in an Impaler to increase Grim's reach with his snare gun. I would use Grim's tether to lock down a model not affected by the freezer champions and his knockdown spell for another (I think this would put me at 0 Fury, 3 for WInter Troll anumis, 3 for Knockdown). The Impaler could boost his thrown spear for a 33% chance to knock down another model. That's MINIMUM 2 models knocked down, 1 tethered, and however many in the freezer champs.

The list thus far would be:
Grim Angus
Winter Troll
Troll Impaler
Trollkin Champions

332pts

Maybe add in some sort of damage buff? Pyre Troll or Dire Troll Mauler?
Some sort of nastiness in CC like an Earthborn Dire Troll?
Some sort of Protection for Grim (he's kinda squishy) Troll Bouncer, Krielstone Bearers & Stone Scribes?

No comments: