Friday, November 21, 2008

Two Board Con-Troll Lists

I am working up to a 500 point list and want to be able to play some board control. My sole (personal preference) limitation is no minions. I'm most likely to play Warmachine as much if not more than Hordes.

List 1 - Borka Board ConTroll
490/500

Borka Kegslayer
-Pyg Keg Carrier
Winter Troll
Dire Troll Mauler
Trollkin Longriders (3)
Trollkin Champions
Fell Caller

Basically, freeze models with longriders huge sphere of influence and slaughter with champs. (sorry Not Dice) if the opportunity arises pick up and toss Borka.

List 2 Grim Domination
487/500

Grim Angus
Winter Troll
Earthborn Dire Troll
Troll Axer
Trollkin Longriders (full)

Again, Grim and Winter have Longriders lock down models. Grim snipes, EBDT charges with Axer's animus. Grim can also tether and knock down as necessary. Longriders can knock around models as necessary.

I see both lists as having plenty (imo) of utility and alternate win contingencies. I see the 2nd list as being model-light, but I'm not sure as I've yet to play a 500 point game.

No comments: