Monday, November 17, 2008

Cygnar 1, Trolls 0

Played 350 points tonight versus Cygnar.

He played:
Captain Victoria Haley
   Centurion
   Thorn
Journeyman Warcaster
Gun Mage Captain Adept
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios

I played my 350 Grim list:
Grim Angus
Earthborn Dire Troll
Troll Axer
Troll Impaler

I made a LOT of mistakes. My poorest game yet. Or perhaps I'm getting better at realizing what makes a well played game?
Mistakes made:
1.) I played a Tooth and Claw list versus a normal 350 list. There were entirely too many targets.
2.) I placed terrain poorly. I placed two pieces of forest terrain right at my deployment edge. This meant I got into it, but I was pretty well locked in that area. Then I had to run out of the forests at half speed due to Haley's Temporal Barrier and got shot to shit.
3.) I played too defensively. I got into the trees and didn't want to move.

On to the next game with more knowledge under my belt.
“All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.” ~Winston Churchill

if you're keeping track I'm currently 0 Wins 3 Losses with my Trolls

No comments: