Monday, November 3, 2008

Got my first game in

Saturday I got my first Troll game in. I played my Trollbloods warpack vs. the Everblight warpack @ War & Pieces.
I don’t remember the game turn for turn, but here’s the breakdown:
He came close with Lylith.
I used my Axer’s animus on my Impaler (who was closer) and charged my Impaler over terrain at Lylith. And missed every…single…swing.
Lylith ran away and I got some nice free swings at her, but not enough to kill her or a beast. She then shot and killed my Impaler (I forgot to roll for Tough, I won’t forget again though!)
Carnivean charged Madrak. Took a small chunk outta him which got scrolled away. I think Lylith took a shot at Madrak too which got transferred.
Madrak takes a swing back at the Carnivean and did a good amount of damage. I drained him of Fury to try to kill the Carnivean in one turn and get it out of Maddy’s face and just couldn’t come up with the dice I needed. All the while my Axer took a Thresher swing at two Shredders in his front arc, destroying one and wounding the other badly.
Maddy takes another bad round to the face which can’t be transferred away due to draining all his fury in his last activation. The Axer bites it and I forget the Tough roll again.
Lone Impaler takes the final swing at the Shredder he’s been dancing with but Maddy’s had it, the Carnivean smacks him once more to put him out (and I forget the tough roll again!) of his misery.

What did I learn?

  • Take your Tough roll.

  • Remember your abilities; the Carnivean almost got a charge on me because I didn’t know the special ability.

  • Take your Tough roll.

  • You can’t kill a Carnivean with a lone model in one round without cheating.

  • Did you take that Tough roll yet?


Trolls 0, Legion 1

No comments: