Monday, November 24, 2008

Trolls 1, Khador 0

Finally! I got a win under my belt.

He played:
Kommandant Irusk
Behemoth
Man-O-War Drakhun
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
(looks like he's 21 points shy)

I played my same Grim list:
Grim Angus
Troll Axer
Troll Impaler
Earthborn Dire Troll

First turn I walked Grim up and sniped Eiryss out of a copse of trees (if I remember correctly, my first kill). One shot, one kill. A few turns of screwing around with the Behemoth and Drakhun jumping (getting tossed) down my throat.
During this time I took a shot at Irusk and popped a huge hole in him. After Drakhun tried to take out my Earthborn I moved Grim to the flank and popped Irusk and finished him off.

That makes me 1 and 3. I think I still need more games under my belt.

What did I do wrong?
1.) I dropped all my fury off of Grim at two points and would not have been able to damage transfer had I been attacked.
2.) I didn't throw Drakhun when I had the chance. I could have possibly knocked the Behemoth down with that.
3.) I didn't know from the get-go what happened when a warbeast who was knocked down and frenzies.

What did I do right?
1.) I kept Grim close to his Earthborn for the most part and kept him in trees and safe.
2.) I didn't keep a one-track mind. I didn't try to only slingshot my Earthborn, I didn't try to tether as my sole means of controlling the board. I used different spells and abilities and came out well.

***EDIT: apparently I didn't account for Drakhun's 20pt dismount, sounds like a gymnastics competition***

No comments: