Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trolls 0, Khador 1, Legion 1

Got two games in last night. Both playing Grim list versus Legion and Khador.

Legion game:
I set up well, I moved decently. But I was out manned. He played:
Saeryn, Omen of Everblight
Seraph
Angelius
Raptors (2 +1)

He had 2 more models on the table than me and with no way to take out multiple models in a turn I couldn't overcome that. I may have over committed my Earthborn as well which didn't end well :) He's beefy, but he's not invincible.

Second game was a rematch against the guy playing Irusk last week.
he played:
Vladimir Tzepesci, Dark Prince of Umbrey
Behemoth
Man-O-War Drakhun (with dismount)
Alten Ashley, Monster Hunter

This one was destined to be a loss. Guy (the player) told me up front he came packing heat against Grim. Vlad's wind wall shut me down the whole game. I couldn't pop a shot at ANYTHING. I ended up over committing my Earthborn again, but Guy was surprised at how far that big fucker can move when properly goaded. I think I played well with the deck stacked so high against me, but in the end he picked me apart and killed each model in turn.

On to the next game :)

Edit: More thoughts about the Khador game

No comments: