Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Tournament

Played in my first tournament today. Not my best showing.

Game 1 vs. Cygnar-Haley
I knew I would be facing Haley this tourney at least once and I knew I had a very hard time facing her last time. I built my Grim list to face her.
Well, turn 2 I took my shot, I found a line of sight and the range and took a shot at her. POW! 15 damage. Unfortunately she was sitting on one focus...she ran back, hid and healed a bit. He left her open once more and Grim took another crack at her, this time Grim was only able to eke out 3 points of damage and Grim was out in the open. Next turn Grim was dead :( oops.

Lesson taught (not necessarily learned): Don't leave your caster out unless you're 100% sure you'll make your shot.

Game 2 vs. Skorne-Makeda
Played my Grim list again. The scenario was to control slices of the board. I tried a couple shots at Makeda but couldn't make it happen. The last time (again) Grim's dick was hanging in the wind.

Lesson taught (not necessaruly learned, again): See above

Game 3 vs. Cygnar-Stryker
Played Borka. A couple bad moves on my part, I didn't leave Borka out in the open this time but I mis-judged charge range and lanes on an assassination attempt on Stryker. At this time both Winter and Dire Troll Mauler were wiped out along with my Longriders and 40% of my champs.

Lesson taught: It's *just* a game. Don't worry so much.

No comments: