Thursday, January 22, 2009

Revising Grim List

I posted my list on PP's forums to get some feedback on it. The most interesting point that was made was that, as there is only one beast on the list, meaning that if he dies or is full fury or frenzied, I have -zero- damage transfers available to me.
From that nugget, I went ahead and added the normal "Grim auto-include" beast, an Impaler.
Had to drop some to get him in. Which led to a tough decision so I posed the question on Guru Dojo where a Troll-vet (Not Dice) responded and gave me a good piece of advice: Drop the Krielstone Bearer.

This is the list at the moment:
489/500

Grim Angus
Earthborn Dire Troll
Troll Impaler
Trollkin Champions
Trollkin Hero
Fell Caller
Stone Scribe Chronicler
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

Not Dice also let me know that Concealment and Screening bonuses stack, which means that if I stick Grim in some woods behind the EBDT using the EBDT's ARM stat, he's at 19 DEF, 18 ARM.

I'm looking forward to getting this together and playing Gabe with it next week (hopefully).

Purchases: I've ordered some more models from Sunshine, some will come in this Friday (1/23/09) some next Friday (1/30/09):
  • 1/23/09

    • Pyre Troll x2

    • Stone Scribe Elder

    • Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

  • 1/30/09

    • Trollkin Hero

    • Stone Scribe Chronicler


In other news, Friday will be a building model night. I've got the following to build:
  • Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (full unit)

  • Hoarluk Doomshaper

  • Trollkin Longriders x2

  • Pyre Troll x2

  • Stone Scribe Elder

  • Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

No comments: