Monday, March 9, 2009

Grissel + Longriders

So in my loving my new Grissel lists and reading Metamorphosis' new cast of characters (Horthol, Long Rider Champion) I had an idea for her: How does she react to Longriders?  Do people avoid using Longriders with her due to the shorter range of her fell calls?  
What's to stop me from activating Grissel, fell calling Hoof It to the Longriders, casting Cacophony onto a unit, cast Rush on one yak-rider, activate the Axer, cast Rush on another yak-rider, activate and charge that unit with the Longriders (7"+5"+2" reach at an effective MAT11), then after the army has completed their activations, pull the longriders back their 7" move.

Faction: Trollblood
Points: 495
Model Count: 18
Victory Points: 18

Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller
Troll Axer
Troll Impaler
Fell Caller
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes [6] (2 added)
Trollkin Champions [5]
Trollkin Long Riders [3] (0 added)

3 comments:

TheGreatBlah said...

Looks good in theory, usually I leave one LR up close and conga line them back so the first one in the line takes the charge and the others are in position to counter charge on their next activation or your opponent has to overextend to get to the next couple LR behind the first. Front guy is your sacrifical lamb.

Ray Guimond said...

Thanks for the input! Do you generally run LR's with Grissel? Do you find weaknesses in hitting piecemeal like you're describing?

TheGreatBlah said...

Yeah I like LR with Grissel, problem is they seem to die very quickly. Part of the problem is when I hoof it back out of combat I get counter-charged. To avoid that I usually leave on LR in melee and pretty much sacrifice him so the others can pull off another charge or slam. Horthol is going to make the LR amazing with that tactic.