Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Grissel's Broke!

Ok, I was reading a thread yesterday on Battle College about how you could run Grissel after Fell Calling her. I had worked up a great response on why they should take it down and then I re-read Grissel and noticed, "hey, her fell calls aren't actions!" To that end I posted to the better rules forum (Guru Dojo Thread) I use most often who advised I post to the big boards (The Big Boards)

Um, I just noticed that Grissel's fell calls are not actions like a normal Fell Caller (thus, allowing her to Fell Call then run).

Does this mean that I can use her Fell Calls if she is made stationary by Sorscha's feat or knocked down?


Stationary reads:
Prime Remix Pg. 54
"Stationary models cannot move, perform actions, make attacks, cast spells, use animi, use feats, or give orders."

Knocked Down reads:
Prime Remix Pg. 52
"A knocked down model is stationary until it stands up...To stand up, a model must forfeit either its movement or its action this activation."


as this would not fall into any of these categories would I be able to use her Fell Calls if she was with either status?


Grissel's Fell Calls read as such (card and book match):
Primal Pg. 83
"Bloodsong may make one of the following calls any time during her activation..."

2 comments:

TheGreatBlah said...

Yeah man, that pretty much hoses the whole stationary thing. She can still take away orders and spells from your opponent even if they maker her stationary. Which can be handy against the right warcaster. Its nice, but it hardly makes Grissel broken, she isn't anything like eVlad or pHaley.

Ray Guimond said...

yea, i was being sarcastic with the "broken" thing. We've got a cryx player in our group who *constantly* pisses and moans that Cryx are getting nerfed out the wazoo, yet he plays 20 Bane Knights in a 500 point Skarre bomb list...in other words, I have no sympathy andbroke or not I like Grissel.