Friday, March 27, 2009

Pick up game 3/26/09

I played Cary last night.  Again I failed miserably.  

And as I'm a big dufus, I forgot all my cards except my Grissel list I've been playing so that was the only list I could play.

Faction: Trollblood
Points: 494
Model Count: 18
Victory Points: 18

Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller
Pyre Troll
Troll Impaler
Fell Caller
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes [4] (0 added)
Trollkin Champions [5]
Trollkin Champions [5]


Faction: Khador
Points: 486
Model Count: 14
Victory Points: 19

Kommander Sorscha Kratikoff
> Destroyer
Koldun Lord
Man-O-War Drakhun
> Man-O-War Drakhun (Dismounted)
Manhunter
Yuri the Axe
Widowmakers [4]
Ogrun Bokur
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [2]

We played a basic SR4 scenario, No Man's Land.  I got firrst turn (yay!).  After that I was a turn behind Cary.  
Grissel dumped 4 fury onto the KSB, advanced onto a hill (biggest mistake of the game), fell called Hoof it to a unit of champs.  Impaler and Pyre troll both riled for 1 and ran.  Fell Caller moved up, sang open road to other unit of Champs.  2nd unit of champs ran up 10" (with one model still in rough terrain.  KSB moved up and dropped the aura.

After this it was kind of a blur, on the 2nd turn Sorscha (as she normally does) feated, catching Grissel up on a hill with perfect view of her.  I played too defensively, not wanting to take the charge from the Drakuhn and Yuri.  Had I moved up, I would have blocked LOS to Sorscha and Grissel would have not been frozen and knocked down.

It came down to Cary had to eliminate both my Pyre Troll and my Impaler over two turns as Grissel was sitting on full fury to transfer damage.

Cary definitely knows Sorscha much better than I know Grissel, and even though this is another loss to her, I think I'm doing better than whenI started, I just need to think my moves out better and not leave my caster on top of a hill waving her arms and shouting, I'LL BET YOU CAN'T FREEZE ME FROM THERE!

MVP: Grissel, even though she got her stupid ass killed, using Cacophony while frozen and knocked down made Sorscha's life difficult according to Cary, had Grissel survived into her next turn she would have moved back out of Ayana and Holt's range (stupid "no feats) and feated on Sorscha, with 8 or so champs around her.  I don't think she would have survived.  But as I said at the beginning, i was one turn slow, perhaps if I had moved forward more on my second turn I would have forced her to feat defensively and put her on my terms.  Oh well, next game.

No comments: