Thursday, April 9, 2009

100th Post, Mark II Hordes Musings


So I'm pretty well sure I'm going to go with Protectorate of Menoth for Warmachine. I've contacted a local guy who's selling his Protectorate army (not because of MKII). I've also been reading the MKII rules and stat cards and I see and agree with almost al of the rules changes and those that I don't like are so few I'll learn to live with them. However, the whole thing leads me to think about what will happen to my beloved Trolls when time for MKII Hordes comes around.

I love my champions. They really do make for an awesome force. However, perhaps Concert may be a bit strong and possibly confusing. I see either Concert or Brothers in Arms being toned back a bit, not that I would like that, but perhaps PP thinks it best.
Grim Angus. I see his feat changing. As it stands right now it's quite a bit of information to digest to play it. Also, he will most likely lose some of his vision abilities for whatever reason.
Borka and Kenny, Chiller may be dropped as a spell. His bomb may not bounce anymore. Not sure.
Fell Callers, god, I hope not, but they may bring their song choices down.
Grissel, I see her as her fell calls taking an action in MKII. ANd her feat will probably be toned down.

We'll see in a year, and I hope we don't see many changes, but it's quite possible we will.

Any ideas what possible MKII Hordes changes we should expect for the trolls? Anything you think may be overpowered?

by the way, i'm going to try to start blogging int he AM before work so I can post pictures and make this blog a bit more interesting.

2 comments:

TheGreatBlah said...

Menoth is the Warmachine version of Trolls so the playstyle is very similar.

I wouldn't be down too much on Trolls for MKII. We are considered the weakest faction in Hordes right behind Skorne and should see the same amount of love shown to Menoth in MKII Hordes.

Ray Guimond said...

i'm not down on them, but my interest is piqued by the changes in WM MKII.