Friday, April 10, 2009

More MKII Hordes Musings

I think Borka's Mosh Pit is going to be changed (out of turn movement)

Also, possibly the Winter Troll's animus may be changed (out of turn activation)

I went to my FLGS last night to see what the hubbub was. Boy was that a mistake. No sooner did I walk in and I heard the owner pissing and moaning that "Bastions are $45 for 5 models, that's $9 per model for plastic, nobody's gonna pay that, woe is me, gloom and doom" (of course I'm paraphrasing)I told him to relax and continue what he's doing with WM/H anyways which is keeping a *MINIMAL* stock on hand (mostly books and a couple starter boxes) and special order all the rest and make sure it comes in in a timely manner.

Then for the next *two* hours I was given the pleasure of listening to Art rant, rave, piss, moan and whine about "how they ruined the game" and that "the flaws are inherent" at which point I was forced to say "shut the fuck up Art. if you don't like the game, sell your models and go play one that will never change, like Chess. because, seriously, I don't want to hear it, and nobody does either. have you played any games? No? then shut the fuck up."

I'm sick of people jumping to conclusions without even trying the new rules.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have played the game...against a real person, and I love it.

I love the symbols on the cards. They are especially helpful in determining the magic nature of a weapon.

For me, the game is about having fun with friends, and I had a fantastic time as the store I played.

I played Vlad against Reznik and I was doing great...up until I lost my mind...and then I deserved to lose. The mere fact I was able to hang with one of the most powerful casters in the game tells me the balance is much better.

Doom sayers can STFU!