Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Menoth is my Copilot


Skip ahead again, I played my first WM game last Thursday with my Thursday play group. We played MKII rules (woot!).

My list:
Protectorate of Menoth
24/25

Feora, Protector of the Flame (umm, epic caster at low point values? yes please!) (-6)
Revenger (6)
Redeemer (6)(bonded) (umm, insta-fire? woot!)
Temple Flameguard (6) (full)
>Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard Bearer (2)
Holy Zealots (6) (full)
>Monolith Bearer (2)
Covenant of Menoth (2)

I goofed and could have added in a full unit of wracks for the last point but forgot. Next time.

I ended up playing one game, against Art and his Cygnar bastages.

About 3rd turn I had set fire to a good amount of things and feated. Unfortunately I fouled up order of operations and could only apply focus to my Redeemer and then I read the card wrong and thought I could add a lot more focus than I thought. bah! anyhoo, he threatened Feora who moved back around a building and out of sight only to pop up on the other side of the battlefield where her Revenger was threatening Kraye.
Kraye took a deal of damage from the Revenger (not sure if it was a free strike or the charge I made against him prior to the free strike) in charging Feora. Feora was a tough cookie though, one more point of damage and this would have gone the other way. He failed to kill Feora with one point left. He even moved his Charger (?) out of melee (taking free strikes from my TFG) to take a shot at Feora in melee with Kraye. Missing horribly.
Feora's turn came around, she got her focus back and without missing a beat, full focus took one swing at Kraye and cleft him in twain.

Menoth 1, Cygnar 0


Feora will be mending her wounds this week. Perhaps Silent Bob will be commanding Menoth's troops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eFeora is a major beast in MkII. Great game. I have a slightly different take on her, but I tend to play 50 pt games so that allows me some extra flexibility.

I am also expecting to see a very jack focused Cygnar army tonight. I will definately blog the results.