Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cygnar 1-1

Played Andre and Art tonight. Both playing Cygnar.
Andre is a very new player (only about 4 games under his belt) and I shouldn't count his game, but this is my blog and when I played Ashe I counted that game.

I played:
Faction: Trollblood
Points: 486
Model Count: 17
Victory Points: 17

Borka Kegslayer
> Pyg Keg Carrier
Troll Impaler
Winter Troll
Fell Caller
Trollkin Champions [5]
Trollkin Champions [5]
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew [2]

I think Andre played:
Faction: Cygnar
Points: 500
Model Count: 25
Victory Points: 19

Commander Adept Sebastian Nemo
> Squire
> Lancer
> Centurion
Gun Mage Captain Adept
Journeyman Warcaster
Field Mechaniks [6] (2 added)
Sword Knights [10] (4 added)
> Sword Knight Officer & Standard Bearer [2]
Rupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord


I played a good game. Stationary + Free Strikes (Mosh Pit) will mow down almost anything short of a Centurion. Effing 24 armor jeebus. Anyways, We played No Man's Land. It came down to him having to run Nemo away and I would have just pursued with my unit of Champs that hadn't lost a single model. He did some good damage with Nemo's chain lightning the first shot, he should have just poked me with the jacks for their base attacks and just arc lightning all over the place. He'll get better, I see him being a good opponent in tourneys.

2nd Game was against Art. I told him we didn't have much time so he would have to shut up and play a quick 350 Mangled Metal game. (Art, 350 Mangled metal, don't fight me for 500 or 750 when it's 10PM and the store can/will and has closed before 10PM)

I played the Grim List I posted the other day. Art played the following:

Faction: Cygnar
Points: 351
Model Count: 4
Victory Points: 11

Captain Jeremiah Kraye
> Hunter
> Hunter
> Hunter

Yea, I know it's a point over. I wasn't about to whine. I wanted another game and I wanted to play Art without his stoopid Haley lists. Unfortunately Earthborn Dire Trolls, Impalers and Axers on their large bases don't do well against armor piercing. So I got shot to shit. The one round I had a clear shot at Kraye I muffed the roll and got 3 damage. beter luck next time Ray

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kraye can bite my sorry Menoth Ass! I think I love me a High Reclaimer against him (smoke) or pKreoss with two Redeemer for some pop and drop love.

TheGreatBlah said...

Best thing you can do with Grim is get into his face ASAP, Get your EBDT there fast as you can and use Grim and the Imps to soften up Kraye. On his large base and the hunters on mediums he will have a hard time keeping him out of los from Grim.

TheGreatBlah said...

Okay on a completely unrealated note, you gotta tell me how you got that table gadget for your win loss record. It is very cool.

Ray Guimond said...

actually it's quite easy. in the blog if you edit the layout of the blog and add an html/javascript gadget, from there it's just a basic html table. if you like I can send you the code for mine and you can plug it into your own.

Ray Guimond said...

i just need an email address

TheGreatBlah said...

Thanks again for the help dude, just got all the tags and links worked out today. The links especially are nice to get set up now while my blog is young. Going back to retag everything 6 months from now could have been absolutely horrid.

Ray Guimond said...

@Blah - looks good man, you may want to reconsider the decimal position for the "PCT" column. I set mine up to look like win/loss percentages on a baseball scorecard.